Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tips for Dog Training
- Understand that a puppy is an infant dog - not a miniature adult.
- Puppy-proof your house with baby gates, a crate, and/or a pen.
- Dogs are not born understanding English.
- Learn about dog body language.
- Train with high-value treats.
- Catch your dog being good.
- Dogs do the things that we reinforce.
- Learn to be quick with treats and praise.
- Always be happy when your dog comes to you, whether you called him or not.
- Provide the right amount of exercise and mental stimulation.
Continue reading from American Kennel Club
What training is best for your pet?
There are so many popular dog training methods out there that it can be frustrating to find out which is which and what method is going to be best for both your dog and you as an owner.
Here is a list of different training methods:
- Positive Reinforcement
- Scientific Training
- Clicker Training
- Electronic Training
- Model-Rival or Mirror Training
- Alpha Dog or Dominance
Continue reading from DogTime
Check out these Books on Dog Training!